Posts Tagged ‘zero maintenance’
Renew Resources introduces its two unique decking panels for residential and commercial boat docks, TrueDeck Sunwalk and TrueDeck Woodbeam. Engineered for easy assembly, long life, affordability, and a care-free durable waterfront environment. Designed specifically for docks, TrueDeck Sunwalk and Woodbeam Panels are constructed from superior reinforced engineering resin. Guaranteeing a long life, rich appearance and zero maintenance, the UV-stabilized material
TrueDeck Sunwalk’s four-way design weighs only 1.3 lbs per sq ft and gives you a pleasing, continuous slip resistant pattern, even in “T” and “L” shaped applications.
Available in two colours Sarasota Sand and Cape Cod Gray, TrueDeck Sunwalk means zero maintenance of your dock surface. Even the harshest environmental challenges like salt water, strong chemicals and fuel spills are completely shrugged off. And with 43% open surface area, TrueDeck Sunwalk panels are better equipped to handle the wind, waves and storm surges Mother Nature throws at your dock.
Many dock owners and builders are tired of splinters, refinishing and the back-breaking installations that come with traditional woods or heavy composite lumber decking. Now there is an alternative that provides the same timeless appeal of a board-style dock without all the weight. Renew Resources TrueDeck Woodbeam Panels are 70% lighter and install in less than 1/4 the time of traditional lumber docks.
TrueDeck Woodbeam 2ft x 4ft Panels weigh 1.50 lbs per sq ft making the task of Spring installation and Fall removal a lot easier, saving time and labor. Providing a realistic look and feel, TrueDeck Woodbeam Panels have an innovative, slip-resistant wood grain surface. Available in two colors, Cedar and Cape Cod Gray, the panels complement their surroundings.
TrueDeck Sunwalk and Woodbeam are low maintenance. Routine pressure washings are recommended as needed to remove any slippery build-up respective to a customer’s marine environment.
The state-of-the-art panels install quickly and easily using screws and can be built with both metal and wood dock frames.
Economical TrueDeck Sunwalk and Woodbeam Panels from Renew Resources have a 12-year limited warranty.Tags: boat docks, rich appearance, environmental challenges, renew resources, low maintenance <BR/>
If you still think hardwood timber is a perfectly sustainable resource, then stop what you are doing and consider the following facts:
- The deforestation of hardwood timber forests is taking place faster than any regeneration efforts underway.
- The knock on effect on natural cycles that help forest growth, such as the dispersal of hardwood tree nuts by native animals which then grow into new trees, is negative.
Now, if you are a marine professional, this is why the facts above are relevant to you.
- You can’t afford to rely on increasingly unsustainable hardwood timber. New legislation, rising timber costs and excellent alternatives all provide you with a great opportunity to look at other products on the market.
- Hardwood timber can need replacing after 10 years in extreme marine environments. This does not have to happen… and should not!
- The whole life costs of hardwood timber marine facilities are higher because of the additional maintenance costs incurred with its use, or the need to replace it from increasingly depleted sources.
- Hardwood timber will rot due to constant immersion and drying out, and will need constant maintenance to remain fit for purpose. Why? You should not have to select a product that needs regular treatment in the first place?
- Environmentally sustainable marine facilities, using alternative materials to hardwood timber, can be developed at comparable costs. You probably just don’t know enough about the alternatives.
Invest In Zero Or Very Low Maintenance, Sustainable Products That Save You Money
You can now get fully industrial recycled plastic decking that requires very little or zero maintenance.
Composite decking is another alternative to hardwood, but it requires some maintenance. It also has environmental issues to address such as the use of oil-based polyesters to bind its components together, and which need setting agents that give off greenhouse gases
When it comes to sustainability, recycled plastic decking has a life cycle that other products simply don’t match.
This is because:
- Its feedstock is 100% recycled.
- The recycled plastic decking is manufactured with the production of limited greenhouse gases.
- It has a long life in use.
- At the end of its life, recycled plastic decking can be taken back by the manufacturer and re-manufactured into new products.
What is the impact on your bottom line though?
- You will reduce the whole life costs of your marine facilities if you use recycled plastic instead of hardwood or composites.
- You will save money because fully recycled industrial plastic requires very low or zero maintenance.
- You will save money during installation because the tongue and groove configuration enables lower installation costs than square-edged boarding with patent fixing systems.
- Fully recycled industrial plastic has a potential value at the end of its life.
- Fully recycled industrial plastic does not need to be replaced for up to 70 years.
Sustainability seems a whole lot better when it doesn’t cost you more. And that is the point, you can invest in a sustainable product that is fit for purpose, looks good and reduces your bills.
Renew Resources provide of fully recycled industrial plastic products. They are extremely safe, have very long lives, are environmentally friendly and require zero or low maintenance. This means they have excellent whole life costs when compared to hardwood and composite alternatives.
More information about Recycled Plastic Products – click here
or Contact Renew Resources – click hereTags: recycled plastic decking, marine facilities, long lives <BR/>