Posts Tagged ‘You will’
If you still think hardwood timber is a perfectly sustainable resource, then stop what you are doing and consider the following facts:
- The deforestation of hardwood timber forests is taking place faster than any regeneration efforts underway.
- The knock on effect on natural cycles that help forest growth, such as the dispersal of hardwood tree nuts by native animals which then grow into new trees, is negative.
Now, if you are a marine professional, this is why the facts above are relevant to you.
- You can’t afford to rely on increasingly unsustainable hardwood timber. New legislation, rising timber costs and excellent alternatives all provide you with a great opportunity to look at other products on the market.
- Hardwood timber can need replacing after 10 years in extreme marine environments. This does not have to happen… and should not!
- The whole life costs of hardwood timber marine facilities are higher because of the additional maintenance costs incurred with its use, or the need to replace it from increasingly depleted sources.
- Hardwood timber will rot due to constant immersion and drying out, and will need constant maintenance to remain fit for purpose. Why? You should not have to select a product that needs regular treatment in the first place?
- Environmentally sustainable marine facilities, using alternative materials to hardwood timber, can be developed at comparable costs. You probably just don’t know enough about the alternatives.
Invest In Zero Or Very Low Maintenance, Sustainable Products That Save You Money
You can now get fully industrial recycled plastic decking that requires very little or zero maintenance.
Composite decking is another alternative to hardwood, but it requires some maintenance. It also has environmental issues to address such as the use of oil-based polyesters to bind its components together, and which need setting agents that give off greenhouse gases
When it comes to sustainability, recycled plastic decking has a life cycle that other products simply don’t match.
This is because:
- Its feedstock is 100% recycled.
- The recycled plastic decking is manufactured with the production of limited greenhouse gases.
- It has a long life in use.
- At the end of its life, recycled plastic decking can be taken back by the manufacturer and re-manufactured into new products.
What is the impact on your bottom line though?
- You will reduce the whole life costs of your marine facilities if you use recycled plastic instead of hardwood or composites.
- You will save money because fully recycled industrial plastic requires very low or zero maintenance.
- You will save money during installation because the tongue and groove configuration enables lower installation costs than square-edged boarding with patent fixing systems.
- Fully recycled industrial plastic has a potential value at the end of its life.
- Fully recycled industrial plastic does not need to be replaced for up to 70 years.
Sustainability seems a whole lot better when it doesn’t cost you more. And that is the point, you can invest in a sustainable product that is fit for purpose, looks good and reduces your bills.
Renew Resources provide of fully recycled industrial plastic products. They are extremely safe, have very long lives, are environmentally friendly and require zero or low maintenance. This means they have excellent whole life costs when compared to hardwood and composite alternatives.
More information about Recycled Plastic Products – click here
or Contact Renew Resources – click hereTags: unsustainable hardwood timber, composite alternatives, additional maintenance costs, Save You, Plastic Products, hardwood timber, industrial plastic <BR/>
There are many benefits to Recycled Plastic Lumber. Apart from it being environmentally friendly, it is safer than normal redwood. Heat is conducted in such a way that your feet will be comfortable enough to walk on it barefoot in the warmest climates. Unlike wood, artificial lumber does not warm, it is non-slip and you will not get splinters in your feet.
Recycled Plastic Lumber can be used to construct exterior moldings, window frames, door frames and decking. Standard lumber, which is considered dangerous by many, as the elements, may cause damage, which could be hazardous. This includes damage from salt air, insects, sun, water and wind, which are all natural enemies of wood. Artificial wood can be used as an alternative to wood in both commercial and residential applications.
The fact that Recycled Plastic Lumber has no effects on health is a great bonus. It is free from the chemical additives or preservatives that are present in treated lumber. It is also maintenance free, therefore no treatments need be applied, thus the homeowner avoids the inhalation of harmful fumes.
Since Recycled Plastic Lumber is made from recycled materials, it has minimal impact on the environment. It is kept out of landfills and can be used for a lifetime. If you no longer have a use for it, you can simply recycle it again. It also minimizes the amount of wood that is used. Wood is in much demand due to the boom in the construction industry. This most used resource should be renewable, but due to current logging techniques and the increasing demand, it is not sustainable. Therefore, artificial wood is a more sustainable option.Plastic Wood, Plastic Products, United States, logging techniques, sustainable option, renew resources, You will <BR/>