Posts Tagged ‘voice narration’
And while on this quest—-just after I left my humble abode and just before I turned the corner—-bam!
An old friend threw a plastic water bottle at me; hitting me where the “Sun don’t shine.”
Talk about being hit with a plastic bottle of “Creative inspiration!”
And voila, I have assembled this post: The Top Three Water Bottle Videos You Need to Watch and Share with the Masses!
The Story Of Bottled Water By Annie Leonard
Annie Leonard’s website “The Story of Stuff” is renowned for being a province for many activist videos, including “The Story of Bottled Water.” In this video, Leonard showers us with as many bottled water facts one can swallow within 8-minutes. All are accompanied with whimsical animation, facts and cartoonish-voice narration. A definite must-share for your Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform.
- Aquafina is bottled tap water owned by Pepsi.
- Desani is bottled tap water owned by Coca Cola.
- Paying for bottled water is like paying 2000 times more for your mother’s FREE home-made sandwich. Why would you?
- Fiji bottled water tested to be of lower quality than Cleveland tap water.
- US buys more than half-a-billion bottled waters, which is enough to circle the Earth six times.
The Facts About Bottled Water By Carly Comando
Here is a perfect example of how anybody can make a difference. Carly Comando produced and created this short-animated viral video for a school project, which has been very popular in the plastic recycling blogosphere/community.
- 53 million gallons of bottled water are consumed everyday, which is 61 billion dollars worth of revenue–40% of water used comes from tap water.
- Bottled water is not tested for ecoli and is not required to provide quality reports.
- It takes 3 times more water to make the plastic bottle than it does to fill it.
- 1 in 5 bottled waters are recycled.
Good-bye to Bottled Water By Trace Yan
Hong Kong activist Trace Yan made this short-film for a Hong Kong audience. It’s visually pleasing and merges typography and graphics with hard-hitting facts worth spreading. What sets her apart? She tries to offer her own solutions in the end, which is better than most videos out there giving her a rightful spot in our list of plastic bottled water videos to spread.
- 1L of bottled water is equivalent to wasting 1/4 can of oil.
- In 2009, Hong Kong made $1, 100, 000, 000 in bottled waters sales.
- In 2009, 87 tonnes of plastic water bottles were dumped in Hong Kong.
And there you have it! My top three bottled water videos in my “plastic recycling video” collection. Clearly, the videos highlight jaw-dropping facts in an entertaining way. Ultimately, in my experience nothing gets the attention and reaction from a human being than a human story. And akin to how these “stories” were passed onto me, I pass them onto you. Now, if we all can play “catch” together we might just be able to keep the world spinning. Spinning “Green” that is. Play ball!
Comments? Got a bottled H2O video? Spill your guts in the comments box!